Zafin is a banking software enterprise platform company that provides relationship-based pricing to banks and financial institutions.
The company has offices in Canada, USA, UK, Germany, Dubai, Malaysia, South Africa, and India. The company is founded and led by Karim Somji. In March 2020, Zafin announced the appointment of Venkataraman Balasubramanian to its senior leadership team as executive vice president and chief technology officer.
Zafin’s main product, miRevenue, is used by banks to enable relationship-based pricing and enterprise billing functionalities.
The company’s clients include banks and financial institutions such as Standard Chartered Bank, Bank of the West, CIMB, ZKB, Nedbank, HDFC Bank, National Bank of Abu Dhabi and SEB.
Zafin sells with IT partners including IBM, Silverlake, CGI and Dell Services.
Zafin won a Technology Award in 2007, courtesy of The Banker magazine for Best Implementation in the Retail Banking Project category. The award represented the first implementation of miRevenue in a bank and was awarded for the retail banking implementation at HDFC Bank.
Zafin was recognized as one of the “Top 10 FinTech Companies to Watch” by American Banker in 2013.
Zafin was listed on the Deloitte Fast 50 and Deloitte Fast 500 lists in 2014. The company experienced 865% revenue growth over the previous five-year period 
Zafin completed a customized pricing system for ZKB in 2008. The complexity of the integration, which resulted in allowing ZKB to perform relationship-based pricing for large customers in real time, was featured in an academic text, “Management von Integrationsprojekten: Konzeptionelle Grundlagen und Fallstudien aus fachlicher und IT-Sicht”, edited by Dr. Robert Winter of the University of St. Gallen.
In October 2017, the company launched new fintech partner ecosystem to assist the banks with a one-stop origination platform.
- ^Feig, Nancy (2007-08-10). “Price Optimization is Catching On”. Banktech.com. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- ^Feig, Nancy (2007-05-07). “Compressed Margins, Advanced Technology, Mature Data Stores Lead Banks to Price Optimization”. Banktech.com. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- ^“Comparing the Vendors of Relationship Pricing Systems”. Celent.com. 2006-10-23. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- ^“Extending the Life of Your Core Banking Platform”. Information Week. 2014-03-06. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- ^“Zafin Secures $10M in Growth Financing”. FinSMEs. 2016-11-11. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- ^“Zafin appoints Venkataraman Balasubramanian CTO”. IBS Intelligence. 2020-03-19. Retrieved 2020-04-07.
- ^“Case Study: NBAD evolves loyalty programme with miRevenue from Zafin”. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- ^“Zafin Clients”. Zafin.com. 2013-06-11. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- ^“Relationship Pricing Solutions for Banks” (PDF). Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- ^Zafin Labs Wins Prestigious Technology Award for Retail Banking Project From The Banker pressbox.co.uk
- ^“Retail Banking Project Awards”. Thebanker.com. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- ^“Top 10 FinTech Companies to Watch”. American Banker. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- ^“First-time winners take top two spots in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50”. Deloitte. 2014-11-13. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- ^“Management von Integrationsprojekten: Konzeptionelle Grundlagen und Fallstudien aus fachlicher und IT-Sicht (Business Engineering) (German Edition)”. Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- ^“Publications by Dr. Robert Winter”. Alexandria.unisg.ch. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- ^“Zafin launches new FinTech partner ecosystem to provide one-stop origination platform for banks”. BetaKit. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder TBIL.co STATX Fund.