The Pension Rights Center is a nonprofit consumer advocacy organization established in 1976. Its stated mission is “to protect and promote the retirement security of American workers, retirees and their families.”
The Center provides information, referrals, and legal assistance to individuals, provides legal training to attorneys, and advocates on policy issues related to retirement income from a workers’ and consumers’ perspective.
Since 1993, the Center has received support from the Administration on Aging to provide technical assistance and training to six regional pension counseling projects that serve 29 states free of charge. These regional pension counseling projects assist individuals who have questions about their retirement plan. The Center’s website includes fact sheets about retirement income issues and summaries of legislation, regulations, and court cases. The Center also operates PensionHelp America, an online legal referral service.
The Center files comments on proposed government regulations, testifies before congressional committees, and coordinates Retirement USA, an initiative to promote new ideas for a retirement system in the United States.
The Pension Rights Center receives funding from the U.S. Administration on Aging, The Atlantic Philanthropies, Retirement Research Foundation, AARP, and individuals.
- ^“What we do”. Pension Rights Center. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ^Robin S. Davis (1 July 2007). Who’s Sitting on Your Nest Egg?: Why You Need a Financial Advisor and Ten Easy Tests for Finding the Best One. BookPros, LLC. pp. 47–. ISBN 978-1-933538-80-8. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ^Daniel R. Solin (1 September 2009). The Smartest Retirement Book You’ll Ever Read. Penguin. pp. 122–. ISBN 978-1-101-13369-9. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ^“Pension Counseling”. Administration on Aging. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ^Finding a Lost Pension (PDF). Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. pp. 32–34.
- ^ Jump up to:ab “Fact sheet”. Pension Rights Center. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ^“PensionHelp America a Pension Rights Center initiative”. Pension Rights Center. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ^David Bach (3 March 2009). Fight For Your Money: How to Stop Getting Ripped Off and Save a Fortune. Random House Digital, Inc. pp. 271–. ISBN 978-0-7679-3152-6. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ^“Tax Reform Options: Promoting Retirement Security”. Senate Finance Committee. 15 September 2011. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ^“History”. Pension Rights Center. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ^“Who we are”. Retirement USA. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ^Ross Eisenbrey (10 March 2009). “Why we need Retirement USA”. Pension Rights Center. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- ^“NABET News” (PDF). Pension Rights Center. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder TBIL.co STATX Fund.