Payonline is an international e-commerce payment system founded in 2009. The company is one of the three biggest internet payment service providers in Russia and a member of the Russian Association for Electronic Communications. The Payonline system provides clients (websites and mobile apps) with the ability to accept payments made via Visa and MasterCard bank cards as well as using electronic money (Qiwi, WebMoney, Yandex.Money).
In 2012, the company won “Runet Prize” award in the “Economy, Business and Investments” category.
Payonline was founded in Russia in 2009 as “Payonline System” LLC. Its current CEO Marat Abasaliev was one of the founders of the company. Later that year the company signed partnership agreement with Wirecard, allowing Payonline to operate in the European Union.
In 2011 Payonline joined Russian Association for Electronic Communications (RAEC). The following year, the company received the “Runet Prize” award in “Economy, Business and Investment” category. In 2014, Payonline won the Microsoft Partner Awards prize in the category of Windows 8 Partner Service of the Year.
In March 2015, Payonline was acquired by the American corporation, Net Element. In 2015, the company launched Pay-Travel, a solution designed to automate payments for the travel industry.
- ^Nominees and Winner 2012 (in Russian) // Runet Prize
- ^Marat Abasaliev // Bloomberg
- ^RAEC Members Archived 2016-02-05 at the Wayback Machine // Russian Association for Electronic Communications
- ^The results of Microsoft Partner Awards (in Russian) // microsoft.com. — May 29, 2014.
- ^Net Element to Acquire Leading Payment Innovator PayOnline // PR Newswire. — March 17, 2015
- ^Net Element Reports Third Quarter 2015 Results; Q3 2015 Revenues up 110% vs Q3 2014 // Net Element. — November 17, 2015