Paymentwall Inc. is a payments platform which services businesses in the SaaS, travel, and E-Commerce industries.
Honor Gunday and Vladimir Kovalyov started Paymentwall in April 2010 to help game companies on Facebook monetize their global traffic.
On July 1, 2011, Facebook announced that they would no longer allow any outside monetization providers, at which point the company pivoted to providing services to non-Facebook games and online dating websites.
In 2011, the company entered into partnership with Alipay, a third-party mobile and online payment platform, established in Hangzhou, China in February 2004 by Alibaba Group.
Paymentwall launched a payment system for Smart TVs in November 2014.
In 2018, Paymentwall has spun out Terminal3 as global payment platform for gaming companies.
Paymentwall is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Berlin, Bangalore, Beijing, Gurgaon, Hanoi, Kyiv, Las Vegas, Lisbon, London, Moscow, Manila, Phoenix, Seoul, Shenzhen, Sao Paulo and Sofia.
In November 2015, the company unveiled its intergalactic-themed development lab in Kiev.
In July 2019, the company officially announced its two new office locations in Bangalore and Gurgaon.
- ^“Global online payments company building on Kyiv roots”. KyivPost. Retrieved August 21, 2015.
- ^Sudolskiy, Roman. “Virtualnaya Kassa”. Forbes. Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- ^Shield, Mike. “Facebook Makes ‘Credits’ Lone Gamer Currency”. AdWeek. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- ^Takahashi, Dean. “Paymentwall’s in-game payment options gain a good following”. Venturebeat. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- ^“Paymentwall partners with Alipay to enter the Chinese market (press release)”. ThePaypers. Archived from the original on November 7, 2016. Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- ^“Paymentwall launches a payment suite for smart TVs so you can buy with your remote control — or smartphone”. Venturebeat. Retrieved January 8, 2016.
- ^“Paymentwall spins out Terminal3 as payment platform for games”. VentureBeat. 2018-08-26. Retrieved 2019-09-09.
- ^“Paymentwall Opens New European HQ In Berlin”. SiliconAllee. Archived from the original on January 28, 2015. Retrieved January 24, 2015.
- ^“Paymentwall eröffnet Europa-Hauptsitz in Berlin”. Gruenderszene (in German). Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- ^“Paymentwall opens the doors to its new futuristic development lab in Ukraine”. KyivPost. Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- ^“Paymentwall’s Gunday Wants To Solve India’s Cross Border Payments Problem”. Inc42 Media. 2019-07-27. Retrieved 2019-09-09.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder TBIL.co STATX Fund.