The European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI), also called the Juncker Plan, is an initiative of EIB Group and the European Commission aimed at boosting the economy through mobilising private financing for strategic investments.
EFSI was established in 2015 through an EU Regulation 2015/1017 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 June 2015 on the European Fund for Strategic Investments, the European Investment Advisory Hub and the European Investment Project Portal and amending Regulations (EU) No 1291/2013 and (EU) No 1316/2013 — the European Fund for Strategic Investments. EFSI is one of the three pillars of the Investment Plan for Europe. EFSI is a EUR 16 billion guarantee from the EU budget plus EUR 5 billion from the EIB’s own capital. EFSI has been integrated into the EIB Group and projects supported by EFSI are subject to the normal EIB project cycle and governance.
- ^“What is the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI)?”. Eib.europa.eu. 2016-11-17. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- ^“EUR-Lex – 32015R1017 – EN – EUR-Lex”. Eur-lex.europa.eu. 2015-01-07. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- ^“Investment Plan | European Commission”. Ec.europa.eu. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- ^“Juncker reveals giant EU investment plan – BBC News”. Bbc.com. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- ^“Making the EFSI a solution for investments in Europe –”. Euractiv.com. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder TBIL.co STATX Fund.