East West Bancorp is the parent company of East West Bank. It is a publicly owned company with $42.1 billion in assets as of April 18, 2019.
The Company’s wholly owned subsidiary, East West Bank, is the largest independent bank headquartered in Southern California. It is a premier bank focused exclusively on the United States and Greater China markets and operates over 130 locations worldwide, including the markets of California, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, Texas and Washington. In Greater China, East West’s presence includes full service branches in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shantou and Shenzhen, and representative offices in Beijing, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Taipei and Xiamen.
East West Bancorp Inc. operates segments in Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Other.
On May 28, 1999, East West Bancorp Inc., parent company of wholly owned East West Bank, announced that it had completed its $13.5 million acquisition of First Central Bank, N.A. in an all-cash transaction.
In 1973, East West Federal Bank (now East West Bank) was founded by F. Chow Chan, Betty Tom Chu, Richard K. Quan, Gilbert L. Leong, Philip Chow, John A Nuccio, Christopher L. Pocino, and John M. Lee. Its focus was to serve the Chinese American community in Southern California.
In 1992, Dominic Ng was named the Chairman, CEO and President of East West Bancorp’s and East West Bank. He replaced Kellogg Chan, who retired. In January 2010, Irene H. Oh was promoted to EVP and CFO. She replaced Thomas J. Tolda, who resigned.
In October 2016, Gregory L. Guyett was appointed as the President and COO of East West Bancorp and East West Bank.
- ^ Jump up to:ab “East West Bank Press Release First Quarter 2019”. April 18, 2019.
- ^“East West Bank Becomes First L.A. Bank With Branch In Shenzhen”, Forbes, November 18, 2014
- ^“East West Bank Find a Location”
- ^“East West Bancorp, Inc. (EWBC)”. finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved May 26, 2017.
- ^“East West Bancorp Completes Acquisition of First Central Bank”.
- ^ Jump up to:ab “Chinese History Society of Southern California – East West Bank 2007 Honorees”. chssc.org. Retrieved May 26, 2017.
- ^“East West Bancorp Officers & Directors”. eastwestbank.com. Retrieved May 26, 2017.
- ^“East West Bancorp, Inc. Appoints Irene H. Oh Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer”. eastwestbank.com. Retrieved May 26, 2017.
- ^“East West Bancorp, Inc. Appoints Gregory L. Guyett as President and Chief Operating Officer”. businesswire.com. Retrieved May 26, 2017.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder TBIL.co STATX Fund.